Ratings: Google Talk

The latest entrant to the world of IM’s is the Google Talk.

Well I don’t have the time and resources to Review it but from my experience of using it I did like to rate

Size & Resource Usage: 9/10; There’s no IM that comes in a 900 KB pack. The amount of resources it requires is just about 1/4th of that of Yahoo or MSN, it’s a boon for someone like me with ultra low resources
Interface: 7/10; Its typical simple Google Interface, simple and neat
Navigation: 6/10, Chatting with two people is really not that simple
Text Chat: 3/10, With nothing but plane jade text messaging where  text formatting is nothing more than using  _ & * for bold & italics with no colour or font change. Emotion icons the most important thing is missing.
Voice Chat: 7/10; It has great voice quality even on a 64 kbps connection

Overall: 5/10; Considering it’s the first ever Release and other IM’s already in they 7th version. The good thing is it has stuck to the open source Jabber protocol and not created its own

Lets hope Google Talk Improves Quickly, and their promise to bring in other protocols too.

If u wanna check Google Talk’s review visit my friend Pallab’s blog http://www.indyan.info

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thankf for linking to my blog.
I was expecting a lot from G!Talk and frankly speaking it was a huge dissapointment

Popular posts from this blog

Convert Your Hotmail to 250 MB

I got Gmail Invites

Grow Puzzle